Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hope you all had a great New Year! Mine was very relaxing and I wouldn't want it any other way!

So what's your resolution? 

Is it to get in shape? Become more athletic? If you are training for the Cleveland Marathon that will come. I'm not stressing out too much about losing my last 20 lbs of pregnancy weight because I know once I increase my mileage the pounds will shed off.

My resolution this year is to yell less. My 2.5 yr old always says "Mama stop yelling". I tell her I wouldn't have to if she listened. I think it'll be difficult but know it's a challenge I'll succeed at. My mom always told me "You can do anything you set your mind to". And it's true.

Run 13.1 miles? Check.
Run 26.2 miles? Check.
Lose weight? Check.
Fulfill my childhood dream of being on the radio? Check.
Finish college? At the age of 33?! (Going to be a) Check (this year).

But I think my biggest accomplishment in life isn't running a marathon, or my career in radio, or my BBA. It's marrying my best friend in 2004, starting a family with him in 2010, and growing our family in 2012. 

I pray that my girls listen to my good motherly advice (as I did with my mom). Because if they live by the motto "You can do anything you set your mind to" they will succeed at anything and everything!

2 comments:

  1. :-) One of my resolutions is to not be such a "mean mom" (according to my kids). I completely sympathize with you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Good luck with that too Stephanie! :0)

    ReplyDelete